There are a number of myths, pitfalls, obstacles and challenges to getting started with an Industrial IoT implementation.
Our panellists are bringing objection handling to the forefront of their discussion, including:
- Identifying obstacles to getting started with IoT
- Improving diversity and inclusion in this space
- Navigating cultural differences when introducing a new technology to a new region
Expect this to be a broad ranging discussion, covering a range of topics and new technologies.
Join this panel of industrial automation experts to learn how open, standards-based, industrial automation is poised to unleash a wave of unbounded innovation. By removing barriers to digital transformation, businesses will be free to integrate best-of-breed components into designed for purpose operational models that easily adapt to constantly changing needs—today and well into the future.
Why Open Source is key for innovation in Industrial IoT
Using Open Source Technology to Manage IOT/Edge SolutionsOpen source technology is changing the edge application landscape and it can help change edge management too. In this session, come learn how open source technology is offering solutions to deploy, orchestrate and manage your edge that are:
- More cost effective through community collaboration, friendlier licensing, faster innovation, and multi-vendor support
- Address the unique needs of the edge as they are developed by edge experts
- Fashioned by an ecosystem gravitating toward best of breed solutions that benefit all.
Understand Edge Machine Learning Ops – Life-cycle Management of ML models running at the Edge
- Simplify collection and preparation of data to deliver results with your Machine Learning model
- Test and train Machine Learning models for edge deployments
- Deploy and maintain your Machine Learning model on one or many devices
Uniting the Edge for Tomorrow’s DemandsIn this talk, attendees will learn:
- Edge use cases being addressed to satisfy the industry needs
- Collaboration between the LF Edge Projects and scope of each project
- How to engage and contribute to each project
July 1, 1:10 PM - 2:25 PM ET
How to Drive Innovation with Industrial IoT and 5G
How to Drive Innovation with IoT and 5G
The previous decade saw incredible advances in technology. Cloud computing, smartphones, and broadband connectivity are a few examples of technologies that started just a few years ago, and yet, they are now part of the standard toolset we use to build our products today.
This new decade will see even faster innovation, fueled by the widespread adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT), and 5G. As Product, Technology, and Innovation Leaders, it’s time to stop talking about “the future” and start focusing on the next generation of innovations we can build and profit from today.
In this talk, Daniel Elizalde will share practical insights on what it takes to build commercial solutions using these cutting-edge technologies. You will learn useful principles that go beyond the technology itself and give you a holistic perspective on what it takes to succeed in the era of IoT and 5G.
Accelerate your adoption of IIoT
When failure is not an option: A low risk approach to smart manufacturing innovation
July 1, 3:00 PM - 3:55 PM ET
AR technology trends & applications for industrial
At the end of 2019, many companies and media outlets predicted that AR would dominate the world in the early 2020’s. AR offers the promise of turning the real world into a clickable, searchable, data-infused experience.
Our expert panellists will share:
- How AR can help with industrial IoT
- The value of IoT meeting XR and Spatial Computing
- Examples of industrial companies accessing data on demand through AR
- Four AR technology trends to keep an eye on – there’s movement coming!
More about the speakers here.
July 1, 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM ET
AI and IIoT in Discrete Manufacturing
IoT – FROM BUZZWORD TO BUSINESS CASE
High Value Assets in the field: How to efficiently manage and update a large and heterogeneous landscape of devices
Harnessing Smart Manufacturing Technologies To Maximise Operational Performance
- Current state of Industrial IoT
- Real-world applications of AI for manufacturers
- Global manufacturing success stories
- How to execute for maximum impact
IoT and AI at the Edge: Artificial Intelligence and IoT Sensors for Aerospace Industry
July 1, 4:15 PM - 5:10 PM ET
Robot coworkers: How AI impacts the future of work
What happens when technology advancements threaten to automate people’s jobs?
That question is on the minds of many as research and development in artificial intelligence and machine learning rapidly advances.
Recently ASU received a million dollar NSF Convergence Accelerator Grant to create autonomous systems that are not only more adaptable and efficient in manufacturing environments, but also have built-in adaptive tutoring systems that will cooperate with factory workers and retrain them to use AI technology so they are not displaced from their jobs. This multidisciplinary project is focused on using AI to augment the workplace rather than replace workers.
More about the speakers here.